Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » development/productions environment
development/productions environment [message #50531] Wed, 20 March 2002 05:06 Go to next message
ki
I am a very new Oracle DBA and we just moved to Oracle. I am working on establishing security of the our new Oracle database. We are developing WEB applications.

What type of users accounts I need to create in the development environment and production environment ?

For example:
Mr. Smith is a developer and working on application "HR".
Should I create user account "smith" or user "hr_db" for Mr. Smith to connect to the database?
The App. will talk to the database under which account?
What will happened if Mr.Smith leaves a company (I would like to drop his account but do not drop
objects that he created) ?
This user should probably have connect and resource privilege in the database,
I will have to revoke resource privilege from the user when I will move his app to production?

Is it correct?

Please help!

Thank you!
Re: development/productions environment [message #50540 is a reply to message #50531] Wed, 20 March 2002 16:51 Go to previous message
seng
My suggestion is to category the user. Tou should use roles to implement this security in your database.Like example below

1. Web user - end user to access web application.
2. Web Application developer - developed web application especially yo edit procedure, function and access data.
3. Web Application administrator - to administrate Web application especially in data structure e.g create,alter, grant
4. Database administrative - administrate database.

Note:
- Web application schema is created just for your web account only. Other end users, developer or other are created and grant roles to access this schema. This is a easy and effective method.
- your testing/developing database should be a clone database for production to prevent any inconsistent, which might happen to any users.
- use profile for resource allocation for users.

For left staff, below is few method
1. lock account.
2. revoke connect(create session) from users
3. drop user account.
4. revoke role if role is used.

Hope this is helping
Previous Topic: Re: Dr. Watson for Windows NT
Next Topic: Tunning oracle 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 13:46:37 CDT 2024