Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA:00310,ORA0034 .Urgent Pls leave ur solutions
ORA:00310,ORA0034 .Urgent Pls leave ur solutions [message #50209] Wed, 06 March 2002 04:32 Go to next message
kim
Hai

As iam using archive log mode in oracle 7.3.4 and iam taking
cold backup everyday including dbf,ctl and log files.And yesterday harddisk got crashed and i restored my old DBF file only keeping new ctl and log files backup and when
i tried to open the database the error
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROL FILE is occuring.
When i used to give the above command its going in to recover mode.

And shows my archive log file as arch_1991.When i give Auto mode of
recover its showing archived log contains seq 90 and requried is 91
Errro No :ORA-00310
ORA-00334
is Occuring .As with my current Archive log file number is 1990.

But is asking for arch_1991.Pls give me a suggestion to recover from this problem.
Re: ORA:00310,ORA0034 .Urgent Pls leave ur solutions [message #50214 is a reply to message #50209] Wed, 06 March 2002 06:49 Go to previous message
Wei Lang
From my understanding, you applied data file backup and leave ctl and log files unchanged. When you did recovery, Oracle ask log file #1991.

If this is the case: Here is the suggestion:
1. Apply all backup data files and control files and open the database. There is no need for recovery because all files are in sync. However, The data between last backup to the point of database failure is lost.

2. Or If you have achive redo logs with #1991 and greater, put them in archive log dest. (you can find it in your init.ora file.) And do the recovery.

3. If you do not want to either of these solutions, call Oracle support, they may do something to recovery most of your data, but you may loss the data in your failed disk.

Lesson to learn:
1. Cold backup can only recover to the point of most recently backup.
2. Hot backup can recovery to the point of failure. But you have to have a good backup (hot or cold) and all achived redo logs from last backup to the ponit of failure.
3. You are lucky to get recovery to point of failure just by apply datafiles because your system is not busy. As you remember, you may have two or three online redo logs. If the database can find the redo logs from online redo logs, it will not ask achive redo logs.

Hope it helps.

Wei
Previous Topic: Coalescing tables?
Next Topic: Initialization files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 12:21:21 CDT 2024