Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Initialization files
Initialization files [message #50205] Wed, 06 March 2002 02:24 Go to next message
Eddy Confer
I just installed 9i and created a database. Where is it reading the init file from? There is an init.ora file in the oraclehomeadmindbnamepfile directory. There is also an initdbfilename.ora file in the oraclehomeora90database directory as well as something called spfiledbname.ora. If I change parameters in the init.ora files in the oraclehomeadmindbnamepfile directory I see now change.
Re: Initialization files [message #50208 is a reply to message #50205] Wed, 06 March 2002 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tommy
The database defaults to reading the initSID.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs. If you want you can create a symbolic link to your oraclehomeadmindbnamepfile
dir and have your initSID.ora file there.
Re: Initialization files [message #50215 is a reply to message #50205] Wed, 06 March 2002 07:07 Go to previous message
Wei Lang
By defualt, it read oraclehomeora90database. But if you open the init.ora file under that directory, it redirect you to oraclehomeadmindbnamepfile. You also can startup database by using spfile. If you change init parameters while database is online, after shutdown and restart, you can not see the changes. If you restart database with spfile, then change is there. You can sync spfile and init.ora file by using "alter database ..."

Wei
Previous Topic: ORA:00310,ORA0034 .Urgent Pls leave ur solutions
Next Topic: Re: Import oracle dmp file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 11:07:17 CDT 2024