Home » Other » Community Hangout » Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device
Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device [message #530660] Wed, 09 November 2011 09:03 Go to next message
John Watson
Right now, I see that the Orafaq "Logged in users list" lists 5 members, and there are another 4 invisible members. I don't think I've seen (?) that many invisible people before. You can sometimes work out who they must be, by checking the times of recent posts.
Fascinating....
Re: Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device [message #530676 is a reply to message #530660] Wed, 09 November 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
To activate the cloaking device, go to your control panel, then account settings, then preferences, then:

Invisible Mode:
Hides your online status.

and check yes.

I prefer to let people know when I am online and when I am not, so I don't use the cloaking device. However, sometimes, I may show online when I am busy on other sites or doing other things and not even sitting in front of the computer.

Live long and prosper.

Re: Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device [message #530698 is a reply to message #530676] Wed, 09 November 2011 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm never hidden. However, many times I'm not listed among the currently logged users, while there's (at least) 1 "invisible member". Wondering whether it was me (probably not; I believe we discussed that earlier, saying that there's a certain time shift which prevents you to see actual state, unless you're lucky and logged on a moment before refresh took place). I don't think that it has anything to do with that many hidden members, just thinking aloud.
Re: Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device [message #530783 is a reply to message #530698] Thu, 10 November 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
there's a certain time shift

Do you mean a time warp? We know that the Starship Enterprise will time warp in a couple of centuries. We also know that Riff-Raff, Magenta, and Columbia did the Time Warp (again) in Frank N Furter's castle. Perhaps we should tell CERN that Orafaq has made a technical breakthrough far more significant than neutrinos travelling faster than light
Re: Spreading the Romulan Cloaking Device [message #530798 is a reply to message #530783] Thu, 10 November 2011 12:25 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
John Watson wrote on Thu, 10 November 2011 05:48

We know that the Starship Enterprise will time warp in a couple of centuries.

I don't know what date it came from in the future, put it was here and left, back in 1968:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assignment:_Earth
Previous Topic: new to oracle
Next Topic: funny typos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:47:33 CDT 2024