Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » error message: oracle not available
error message: oracle not available [message #50047] Mon, 25 February 2002 15:52 Go to next message
santiago
Hi Kassim,
Thanks for your response.
I logged-in (SQL*PLUS) as 'internal' since other user names were not working. When it started there is a message saying 'connected to an idle instance'. What does this mean?. How do I set the sid?.
When I entered 'connect internal' at svrmgrl prompt, I got 'connected' message. When I typed 'startup open' I got the following errors:
LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'C:oracleadminorclpfileinit.ora'
LRM-00113: error when processing file 'C:oracleadminorclpfileinit.ora'
ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

I am new to oracle as well as computers. Please try to help me and give me a some details.
The memory for this computer is 65mb. Is it enough for running 8i.
Thanks

santiago
Re: error message: oracle not available [message #50049 is a reply to message #50047] Mon, 25 February 2002 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kassim Kasmani
Hello Santiago,

To set the ORACLE_SID, before you start Server Manager, from your C: prompt, type in 'set oracle_sid=orcl' and press enter. To make sure, type in 'set' and it should show you the sid ORCL.

Did you manually create the database or did Oracle create one for you. It seems that there are some parameters in the init.ora file that are not initializing. You might want to look at init.ora file and see whats wrong. Try looking at the ALERT file also.

Try explicitly starting the init.ora file, i.e:
'startup pfile=pathtofileinit.ora'

65MB is small. At least it is small for me.

Hope this helps.

Re: error message: oracle not available [message #50491 is a reply to message #50049] Mon, 18 March 2002 08:27 Go to previous message
Nathan Zhou
Hi Kassim,

I have the same problem with Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.1. I have successfully installed Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.1.

The only thing is that I got the ORA-01034: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE and ORA-27101 SHARED MEMORY REALM DOES NOT EXIST message when start sqlplus (but I'm able to connect to an idle instance using sys/oracle as sysdba). Then I start svrmgrl and connect as internal, it was connected but when trying startup it says: "failure in process system parameters ORA-01078".
After running "dbassist" I'm able to run sqlplus and server manager. However, after reboot the machine and start sqlplus all these happened again.
Would you please let me know, what's the problem and how to fix it? Thank you very much in advance.

Nathan
Previous Topic: Re: HOW TO CONNECT BETWEEN ORACLE AND C++
Next Topic: Re: management server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 12:27:07 CDT 2024