Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » First steps to create a db in DBA Studio
First steps to create a db in DBA Studio [message #49843] Wed, 13 February 2002 00:29 Go to next message
Barbara
Hi,

I'm doing my very first steps in DBA Studio and want
to create a database. Therefore I Chose File>Add Database to tree, there chose "Add datamase manually"
and wrote in Host name,...
When I wanted to connect to the created database an
error occurred: the SID could not be resolved.

How is the SID created?/ Must it be created elsewhere
before I can add a database to the tree?

Thanks in advance,
Barbara
Re: First steps to create a db in DBA Studio [message #49845 is a reply to message #49843] Wed, 13 February 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena
Before you go into the DBA studio you should have done the configuration under net configuration assistant, test the connection etc... this will show that the server that you are trying to connect its up and running.. then you can go to the dba studio and add the database to the tree. The SID is created when you installed the database server, if you did had not created the database there is no SID that you can connect to it.
Re: First steps to create a db in DBA Studio [message #49969 is a reply to message #49843] Thu, 21 February 2002 02:08 Go to previous message
Suresh.H.T
U can create new database using database configuration assistant on Win NT or running dbasst program in linux machine..then u can add this database to the tree in the DBA studio.
Good luck
bye
Suresh.H.T
Previous Topic: UNABLE TO CONNECT WITH INTERNAL
Next Topic: OEM configuration on win98 client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 12:25:23 CDT 2024