Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Success! 9i install (fairly) clean on Mandrake 8.2 beta
Success! 9i install (fairly) clean on Mandrake 8.2 beta [message #49623] Thu, 31 January 2002 06:09 Go to next message
Jim Owen
With a very few documented bugs, we got 9i to run just fine on the new mandrake beta. The signifigance here is the inclusion of full support for XFS and large filesizes allowing us to setup to run linux for developer support on our ERP without investing tons o cash into more solaris equipment. Translation - easy 2GB plus filesizes with full glibc util support (up until now, we've had serious issues with ftp support among others after converting to reiserfs). XFS is super cool in it's own right btw, and SGI rocks for porting it!

There is one bug in the genclntsh script that is an easy repair during the install to watch for.

Anyway, thought it was worth a mention for those who want to avoid Suse.

Later - Jimmy
Re: Success! 9i install (fairly) clean on Mandrake 8.2 beta [message #50616 is a reply to message #49623] Mon, 25 March 2002 09:57 Go to previous message
kobold
How did you install it, i always got that:
The Java RunTime Environment was not found at å/bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run.
Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.8 or higher and try again.

I thinking of bypassing the runInstallation with something like:

java
-native
-Doracle.installer.startup_location=/usr.oracle
-cp /home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/OraInstaller.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/InstImages.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/InstHelp.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/oracleice.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/help.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/ewt.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/xmlparser.jar:/home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.0.1.4.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib/swingaccess.jar oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller -scratchPath -sourceType network

Anyway, any help appreciate
Previous Topic: Re: Need Solaris Dumps & previous solved papers
Next Topic: Re: Free OCP Papers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 12:48:40 CDT 2024