Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Script to save users/privs before cloning (Oracle9 / Solaris)
Script to save users/privs before cloning [message #513981] Thu, 30 June 2011 08:56 Go to next message
newbie01.oracle
Hi,

I want to update my DEV/TEST database with a copy of PROD.

But before doing so, I want to be able to save the users and their privs, database link etc., run the copy/clone and then restore the users, their privs, database link.

Does anyone know of any existing scripts or Metalink Note that I can use as a reference to achieve what I want to do?

Any advise or suggested link will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Script to save users/privs before cloning [message #513982 is a reply to message #513981] Thu, 30 June 2011 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

exp username/password file=full.dmp log=full.log full=y rows=n
Re: Script to save users/privs before cloning [message #513983 is a reply to message #513981] Thu, 30 June 2011 09:10 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
It depends on how you define "cloning".
To me, cloning is is full database duplicate/restore using RMAN, which means all users and privileges are already included.
If you use exp/imp tools, please look into BlackSwans suggestion.
Many GUI tools like Oracle SQL developer (free) can get the DDL of the schema/users with a few clicks.
Previous Topic: ORA-01203: wrong incarnation of this file - wrong creation SCN
Next Topic: transportable tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:50:30 CDT 2024