Home » Infrastructure » Linux » resize linux partition
resize linux partition [message #499721] Tue, 15 March 2011 23:20 Go to next message
chanveil
Hi

I have installed linux5.4 32 bit.
I need to resize the /u02 and /u03 partition without formatting.
Any suggestion

thanks and regards
Re: resize linux partition [message #499725 is a reply to message #499721] Tue, 15 March 2011 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I need to resize the /u02 and /u03 partition without formatting.
You don't
Re: resize linux partition [message #499745 is a reply to message #499725] Wed, 16 March 2011 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I have never used Linux.

However: I know that there are certain "partition manager" utilities available in MS Windows environment, so I suppose there might be something similar for Linux too.

Here's what I did the other day: I have a Virtual Box whose (virtual) hard disk size became too small, so I had to resize it. In order to do that, I used CloneVDI utility which enlarged the disk, but partition was still the same (small) size. So I Googled for "free partition manager" (true, there are commercial versions which can, most probably, do many fancy things, but all I needed was to enlarge the partition and guessed that "free" versions would do the job). One of these worked just fine.

Now: I Googled for "linux free partition manager" and this page seems to be offering quite a few utilities. So - perhaps you could check what they do and how.

Once again: I can not recommend any of these as I don't use Linux, but - while searching for my Virtual Box problems - someone recommended "GParted" utility. That's, more or less, all I can say about the issue.
Re: resize linux partition [message #499754 is a reply to message #499721] Wed, 16 March 2011 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This question bears no real connection with Oracle.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic is locked.
If I'm wrong, please, PM me (or report this message to a moderator, explain why you think it should be unlocked and it might be done).

Regards
Michel
Re: resize linux partition [message #499760 is a reply to message #499754] Wed, 16 March 2011 02:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, *my* problem was in relation to Oracle. New computer came with Windows 7. Developer Suite 10g (9.0.4) won't work on Windows 7, so I had to install Virtual Box with XP on it in order to use these Oracle tools. "Partition resizing" problem isn't "Oracle" problem if we look very narrow at it, but - at the end - they are very related (I can't use Oracle if I can't resize partition).
Previous Topic: How to increase swap size?
Next Topic: Schedule Tasks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:41:06 CDT 2024