Home » Other » Community Hangout » Hello, Good Day, Happy New Year, etc, etc...! (product-Oracle; version-noobe!)
icon10.gif  Hello, Good Day, Happy New Year, etc, etc...! [message #488995] Wed, 12 January 2011 15:28 Go to next message
PopeyeTom
Hello to all, glad to join your community.

I wanted to stop by the water cooler here and make a quick introduction before running off to the SQL forum to post a question Embarassed

I am a design engineer using both ProEngineer and SolidWorks. Pushed into administering the CAD software tools years ago. (IT says: "Those are engineering tools, we can't support those!)

The database sitting underneath the PDM (product data management) tool for ProE is Oracle. I've been stumbling around in the dark with Oracle for years, manage to do just enough and nothing more to stay out of trouble. Scary now that I'm actually starting to enjoy Oracle a little and wanting to learn a little more! No dis intended there towards developers and DBAs, just I've always been shy of administration and code!

Cheers,
Tom
Re: Hello, Good Day, Happy New Year, etc, etc...! [message #488999 is a reply to message #488995] Wed, 12 January 2011 16:34 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Welcome! Make yourself comfortable; I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
Previous Topic: Happy New Year
Next Topic: Some riddley interview questions.. how would you answer these?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:03:15 CDT 2024