Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Import Metadata (Oracle 11g, Oracle BI Administration Tool)
Import Metadata [message #482266] Wed, 10 November 2010 12:18 Go to next message
RMSoares
Hi,
With Oracle BI Administration Tool we had intend to import the metadata of a schema Oracle 11g (Linux in this), we use two possible methods : ODBC and OCI 10g/11g, in both cases returns the error message "The connection has failed ".

We had validate the access to the database (with tnsping) using the TOAD we can view and executed query to the tables which we intend to import metadata, so There isn't any error in the definitions provided (DSN, Service Name, user ID and password).

In tests with ODBC we had used the driver for Oracle from Microsoft and a driver that was installed by OBIEE.

Any suggestions to validate the reason for the error? is there any ODBC driver Oracle recommend to 11g?

regards
Re: Import Metadata [message #487745 is a reply to message #482266] Thu, 30 December 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MCBleiweiss
Did you ever resolve this issue?
We are having the same problem.
I think that it may be due to trying to access a database that is on a different machine than the current user and/or Repository.
Re: Import Metadata [message #487746 is a reply to message #487745] Thu, 30 December 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RMSoares
Hi,

you must create the ODBC using the driver that had been created with OBIEE, and you must specified the user /password of OBIEE repository.

Put the step that are you doing to check if it correct.

Regards
Re: Import Metadata [message #488265 is a reply to message #487746] Thu, 06 January 2011 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapna053
Hello,

Even i am facing the same problem.Showing connection failed.

I have connected to one user called abc_test(schema) while installing RCU.
So there (schema)in the "other users" i saw the dev_biplatform and dev_mds being created.

First i have just installed obiee on my machine.
Just was reading so got to know need to create a repository.
So went to obiee->Administartion tool->New Repository->ocl 10g/11g->but there i saw need data source name and un and pwd.
So i went to odbc->select driver oracle 11g bi->created a data source called ds.

Now again to adminstartion tool->New Repository->ocl 10g/11g->gave ds as data source name and gave dev_biplatform as un and then pwd, but showing connection failed??????
then in the un and pwd i tried with un as test_schema and pwd but that also failed.

What need to be eneterd in data source name,us and pwd?????

Aim is to connect to test_schema schema so that i can use select query to generate reports inside obiee.

please help.

Thanks
Re: Import Metadata [message #488389 is a reply to message #488265] Thu, 06 January 2011 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapna053
Hello,

Any help on this will be really useful.

Thanks
Re: Import Metadata [message #489167 is a reply to message #488389] Thu, 13 January 2011 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Please note that (at least with OBIEE 10g) the repository and bi server use the tns names file (and Oracle connect software) on the server where it's located. While you are editing the rpd, most likely on your desktop on Windows or so, it's using the tns names file etc from your desktop!
So, it could be that one of the two is not correct. Best test is to ping from a command line, both on your desktop as well as the server.
Re: Import Metadata [message #534730 is a reply to message #489167] Thu, 08 December 2011 13:46 Go to previous message
randumnumber

I had this issue. I am using win7 64bit. I ran OBI admin tools in Window XP sp3 compatibility mode and was able to connect to my data source.

If you are working in a 64bit environment try compatibility mode or a 32bit enviro.
Previous Topic: XML Publisher, unable to display from outergroup
Next Topic: Error in Answer with columns from 2 Dim tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:53:33 CDT 2024