Home » Other » Community Hangout » cyber clean
cyber clean [message #481203] Mon, 01 November 2010 15:12 Go to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I was just watching an episode of "Ask This Old House" house and yard repair/maintenance/improvement television show. I was watching the "What is it?" section where one of them presents a mystery product and the others try to guess what it is for. It was a baseball-sized yellow blob of goop. It turned out to be for cleaning keyboards and pieces of other electronic devices where dust and things get into crevices that are hard to get out without a can of compressed air or a tiny vacuum or some such thing. Has anybody tried this stuff? I found it listed on the internet as "cyber clean". For a minute, when they plopped the yellow blob on the keyboard, I thought I must be watching the Red Green show by mistake or some such thing, but it looked like it worked. There was dust on the underside and you could see the impressions of the keys, so it got into the little crevices, but didn't get stuck in them. I would appreciate hearing any evaluations and comparisons to compressed air and vacuums and other method before I decide whether to order some.
Re: cyber clean [message #481294 is a reply to message #481203] Tue, 02 November 2010 06:05 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
Yes I've tried this. Works great actually. Even has a desinfectant in it. So I guess that's the advantage over vacuuming. It smells kinda funny though, so you'd want to wash your hands properly after using it, but I haven't noticed any of the smell rubbing of on the skin when using the keyboard afterwards. (I have however read that many people have problems with smell after they have used compressed air on their keyboards. It apparently contains a bittering agent to keep kids from sniffing the stuff for a high, and that then stays on the keyboard, and in turn rubs off on the skin) http://www.amazon.com/3M-Compressed-Dust-Remover-Value/dp/B000E7GMCO (look at the comments at the bottom)
Previous Topic: OTN forum woes
Next Topic: UKOUG Tech and eBS Conference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:20:13 CDT 2024