Home » Other » Training & Certification » 1Z0-050 (Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators)  () 1 Vote
1Z0-050 [message #472577] Sun, 22 August 2010 13:46 Go to next message
asangapradeep
Hi,

I'll be doing the 1Z0-050 exam soon need some clarification from people who have done similar "new features" exams.

Looking at the oracle certification site for this exams, it states Quote:
The exam has been validated against Oracle® Database 11g Release 2 version 11.2.0.1.0

Does this means that final answers should be valid on 11.2 version (current version) not on 11.1 version?

These examples might help to understand what I'm asking

From 11.1 Storage Admin guide Quote:
In Oracle 11g release 1, both
SYSASM and SYSDBA are supported privileges; however, if you use the SYSDBA
privilege to administer an ASM instance, then Oracle will write warning messages to
the alert log, indicating that the SYSDBA privilege is deprecated on an ASM instance
for administrative commands. In a future release, the privilege to administer an ASM
instance with SYSDBA will be removed.

From 11.2 Storage Admin guide Quote:
Connecting as SYSDBA to the database instance has limited set of Oracle ASM
privileges. For example, you cannot create a disk group when connected with the
SYSDBA privilege.

So if I'm asked can you create a disk group by log-in in as sysdba I'd ask which version you're talking about? But cannot do this on the exam. So which version should I base my answers on when two versions give contradictory results?

Re: 1Z0-050 [message #472582 is a reply to message #472577] Sun, 22 August 2010 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hi - just to establish credentials, I was on the internal validation group for the 10g OCP questions: so I do have some idea of how this should work.
My understanding of the situation you describe is that if there were a question such as the one you propose back in the 11.1 days, it would be removed from the current question set. There should be no questions where the answer is release dependent.
I won't say "good luck" - you've already shown that you know how to study enough not to need luck.
Re: 1Z0-050 [message #472684 is a reply to message #472582] Mon, 23 August 2010 04:27 Go to previous message
asangapradeep
Thank you John
Previous Topic: Oracle Financial R12: E-Business Suite Training & Certification
Next Topic: Jdeveloper 11g OR portal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:37:27 CDT 2024