Home » Infrastructure » Windows » set one oracle as primary out of 2 (Oracle 8.0 & oracle 10.0)
set one oracle as primary out of 2 [message #465383] Tue, 13 July 2010 23:33 Go to next message
dhpawar
Hi Team,

On my system 2 oracles are installed for different applications one having version 8.0 & other 10.0.
The oracle 10.0 is required for Windchill application. When I am trying to access the sqlplus by windchill shell it access the Oracle 8.0 sqlplus.
Please suggest me how to set one oracle as primary on system so i am able to access the oracle 10 sqlplus in windchill shell.
Thanks in Advance
Devidas
Re: set one oracle as primary out of 2 [message #465405 is a reply to message #465383] Wed, 14 July 2010 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Change in registry the default home and sid.
See HKLM\Software\Oracle keys.

Regards
Michel
Re: set one oracle as primary out of 2 [message #465430 is a reply to message #465405] Wed, 14 July 2010 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Alternatively, as it is SQL*Plus you are talking about, and regarding the fact that there are two different Oracle versions installed on your system, perhaps you could create a shortcut desktop icon for the "Command Prompt" application. In its "Start in" property, you'd put path to a directory that contains SQL*Plus executable you'd like to run.

It means that you'd, actually, have two icons: one for every SQL*Plus version. Clicking one of them would put you into the \BIN directory, and invoking SQLPLUS would run desired version.

Drawback here is the fact that your working directory is \BIN, and that's probably not a very good idea. However, you could create shortcuts to both SQLPLUS.EXEs, name them as (for example) SP8 and SP10, put them in any (harmless) directory and do the job.
Re: set one oracle as primary out of 2 [message #465710 is a reply to message #465430] Thu, 15 July 2010 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhpawar
I have to run the sql command by windchill cmd instead of standalone sqlplus so its not much usefull in my case.

If i changed the environemnt variable path & give the first prference to oracle 10g installation path , can it will work in this case. Because currently oracle 8g having first entry in variable.
Re: set one oracle as primary out of 2 [message #465724 is a reply to message #465710] Thu, 15 July 2010 07:29 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The truth is: I have never heard of "Windchill" before. Therefore, sorry for posting something that is/was useless.

Anyway: switching path positions will probably be OK. Did you test it?
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g on Virtual Machine 2003 x64.
Next Topic: cpu utilization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:10:00 CDT 2024