Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » How to Calculate Sum in Xml Publisher Reports (Oracle Applications R12, Xml Publisher 5.6.3)
How to Calculate Sum in Xml Publisher Reports [message #458682] Tue, 01 June 2010 04:33 Go to next message
sivaora
I am using MS-Word 2003, Xml publisher 5.6.3, and Oracle Applications R12.
While creating layout design in 'RTF' format i want to calculate sum of 'sal' field without using any formula column in rdf.
I want to perform calculations in xml publisher only.

with reference to xml publisher user guide it is possible through Field(Field Properties). By using 'Format' and 'Calculate' Tabs.

But i dont know how to create a field place holder column.
i am familiar with form text field only.

I am attaching the RTF, and Field Properties Screen shots(which i don't know how to create).

Please help me how to create a field.
Re: How to Calculate Sum in Xml Publisher Reports [message #458683 is a reply to message #458682] Tue, 01 June 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivaora
This is the Screen shot of rtf
  • Attachment: rtf.PNG
    (Size: 35.26KB, Downloaded 3466 times)
Re: How to Calculate Sum in Xml Publisher Reports [message #459391 is a reply to message #458683] Fri, 04 June 2010 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Two ways...
1. sum(current-group()/<<tag>>) -- / is not divide, it is XPATH.
2. xdoxslt:set_variable and xdoxslt:get_variable.

By
Vamsi
Re: How to Calculate Sum in Xml Publisher Reports [message #525679 is a reply to message #459391] Tue, 04 October 2011 11:02 Go to previous message
ravelapk
Can someone help me to write the sum of a calculated column in xml publisher?
I've totally 6 columns, all the columns have data, and 3 of them were modified as..

<?if:SHIP_TO!='347'?><?INTR_UNIT_COST?><?end if?>

<?if:SHIP_TO!='347'?><?CF_INTRANSIT_TRANS_COST?><?end if?>
<?if:SHIP_TO='347'?><?TRANSACTION_QUANTITY*TRANSFER_PRICE?><?end if?>

<?if:SHIP_TO!='347'?><?CP_FRT_AMOUNT?><?end if?>

Now I need the sum for the above second modified column output. IF I do <?sum(CF_INTRANSIT_TRANS_COST)?>, it's not taking the values after the modification. Instead it's summing up the original data.
Previous Topic: displaying wrong value with identical field names in xml file
Next Topic: problem with RTF upload after migrating it to another instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:16:58 CDT 2024