Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Connection Lost (Oracle database, 10g rel2, Windows server 2003)
Oracle Connection Lost [message #433911] Fri, 04 December 2009 23:44 Go to next message
saleh_binmasood
Sir,

We have an application which connects indirectly to Oracle Database Server.

So i am establishing the connection through, installation of the Oracle Client Software.

1. Then i am trying to open "NetConfigurationAssistant" to make connection through "LocalNetServiceNameConfiguration".

But on any machine the normal user is unable to open "NetConfigurationAssistant" but as the member of administrator group of that machine is able to run "NetConfigurationAssistant".

2. If i am creating the connection to the Oracle Database server through Administrator account, the connection is made and the data is seen normally. But as soon we log in with a normal user the connection is lost. And when we go to "NetConfigurationAssistant" to make the connection again its not initializing with normal user.
Only if we give him administrator privilage locally, connection is successful.

Any Suggestions ? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Re: Oracle Connection Lost [message #433912 is a reply to message #433911] Fri, 04 December 2009 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>But on any machine the normal user is unable to open "NetConfigurationAssistant" but as the member of administrator group of that machine is able to run "NetConfigurationAssistant"

It appears the Oracle client s/w is owned by local adminstrator & that normal user does not have necessary OS permissions.

Sounds like OS security problem & not Oracle implementation.
Re: Oracle Connection Lost [message #433915 is a reply to message #433911] Sat, 05 December 2009 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saleh_binmasood
Even i was expecting the same. But this is not with Oracle Net Configuration assistant, some of the application are specific to be used by administrator.

So in this case from where can we change the access of particular software ie; from where the application is given the permission to be accessed by administrator or normal user ?
Re: Oracle Connection Lost [message #433950 is a reply to message #433915] Sat, 05 December 2009 09:59 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
as a long shot & from client system

post the contents, if any, of sqlnet.ora file
Previous Topic: Error installing oracle 10g R2 in windows server 2008
Next Topic: user name, password & host string for oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:47:39 CDT 2024