Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » AS Reports Server Configuration (AS 10gR2)
AS Reports Server Configuration [message #428753] Thu, 29 October 2009 17:06 Go to next message
tllocke
We are having an issue here all of a sudden with reports "hanging". I've googled it to death and get many answers, all of which I've tried to date. Our report server has been set up with the same configuration now for close to a year, but for the past couple weeks many reports have been timing out or engines crashing. Since I'm not the one who originally configured the service, and I have limited experience I do see a red flag but can't confirm it in house as no one else can help either. Here is what I think could be the issue, and any feedback would be GREAT:

- engineResponseTimeOut = 120 (minutes)
- (Connection) idleTimeOut = 15 (minutes)

I am fearing changing these at this point, as I can't find a value these SHOULD be. I do know that the engineResponseTimeOut should be set to the longest/biggest report that can be run (which is our case shouldn't ever exceed 20 minutes, so I have no idea why it's up to 120). If I change it to 20 minutes, should I change the idleTimeOut?

Thanks in advance,
TL
Re: AS Reports Server Configuration [message #428910 is a reply to message #428753] Fri, 30 October 2009 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Are they truly hanging or do they finish in a really long time? If they do not run at all, check to see if the rwserver is still running on the app server or if the X server got honked up.
ps -aef | grep rws

Also, go to the web page for the reports services and see what it tell you about the reports
http://{server}:7778/reports/rwservlet/showjobs?queuetype=past&server={reports server name}
Re: AS Reports Server Configuration [message #428911 is a reply to message #428910] Fri, 30 October 2009 12:56 Go to previous message
tllocke
Yes, they are truly hanging. The report server is up and running, and the other engines allow other reports to be run successfully. I have looked at the code behind the main report that usually hangs, and oddly enough inside Reports Builder it runs perfectly in under a minute. The two errors that I usually get is a connection timeout, or an engine crash.

I'll look at the link you provided to see if it tells me anything.

Thanks,
TL
Previous Topic: Application server WARNING: Code-source has the same filename but is not identical to
Next Topic: saving report in client's machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:42 CDT 2024