Home » Other » Training & Certification » dba questions (ORACLE 9i)
dba questions [message #426294] Wed, 14 October 2009 14:43 Go to next message
sharshara
i have an exam on oracle and this some question form last year,
i need help because i am not good in oracle dba,

Smith is the DBA of a real-time call-tracking system. He uses Oracle 9i R2 on a Windows machine and takes an online backup of the database every night. The total database size is 50GB and the real-time call tracking system is a heavy OLTP system primarily with the maximum activity between 9 a.m and 9 p.m., everyday. At 9 p.m. a batch job runs a command procedure that puts the tablespaces in hot backup mode, takes the backup of all the datafiles to tape at the operating system level, and then issues the alter tablespace end backup command.

II.1. One afternoon a disk crashed, losing the SYSTEM tablespace residing on the disk. As this happened at the peak processing time, Smith had to keep the down time to a minimum and open the database as soon as possible. He wanted to start the database first and then restore the datafile that was lost, so he took the SYSTEM data file offline. When he tried to open the database he got the following error:
Write down the steps you would perform to recover your database

II.2. Let's assume that instead of a system data file, a non-system data file is lost due to the disk crash (datafile number 4, datafile name users01.dbf)
Write down the steps you would perform to recover your database
-------------------------------
Question III
Rama is a DBA in a banking firm. She administers an Oracle 9i R2 database on a Windows Server. She stores all the user data in the USERS tablespace, index data in the INDEXES tablespace, and undo data in the UNDOTBS tablespace. In addition, she has other tablespaces to store data for various banking applications. Since the database operates 24*7, she has an automated procedure to take online backups every night. In addition, she takes an export once a month of all the important tables in the database.
On Monday morning, due to a media failure, all the data files that belong to the tablespace UNDOTBS was lost. It was the beginning of the week and a lot of applications needed to be run against the database, so she decided to do an online recovery. Once she took the datafile offline and opened the database, she tried to select from a user table and got the following error:
ORA-00376 : file 2 cannot be read at this time
(File 2 happens to be one of the datafiles that belong to the tablespace UNDOTBS)
How would you perform a recovery ? write down the required instructions
---------------------

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2009 09:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: please help, [message #426359 is a reply to message #426294] Thu, 15 October 2009 01:51 Go to previous message
Kamran Agayev

If you're not good dba why you need answer for this question? Why you don't want to read Oracle documentation and manual instead getting ready answers?
Previous Topic: From Where to Start
Next Topic: regarding certification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:36:25 CDT 2024