Home » Infrastructure » Windows » [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Failure in DTC:not able to validate open (Windows 2003 Server, SP2, VB 6 - MTS - Oracle 9i)
[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Failure in DTC:not able to validate open [message #415999] Thu, 30 July 2009 02:18 Go to next message
makella
Hi,
Our client has a 3 tier application developed in VB 6.0, COM+(VB) and Oracle 9i. The middle tier acts as MTS server hosts all the COM components and connects to the database server Orace. Currently the client is having Windows 2000 Advanced server as MTS server and IBM AIX with Oracle 9i as Database server and working fine without any issues. The client is looking to migrate the MTS server to Windows 2003 server (SP2) with the same VB 60 application along with Oracle 9i client. I thik we configured COM+ properly on Windows 2003 server and installed all other required softwares. When we try to connect to the database, we are seeing the following error -

MicrosoftODBC driver for OracleFailure in DTC: not able to validate open information.

When we step through the code, we noticed that the ADODB:Open is failing with this error. The connection string is correct only.

We would like to know whether we installed all the required correct versions of Oracle related softwares on Windows 2003 server.

As we did not see any Oracle 9i client patch for Windows 2003 server, we installed the same version of Oracle 9i client which is avaiable for Windows 2000 - Is that correct
I think We installed ODP.NET which suits to 9i version. Is this correct or we should install OLEDB provider, what is the correct version for MTS server.
Oracle driver - I would like to the correct version for Windows 2003 server.

As latest version of MDAC is installed along with Windows 2003 server, we did not install anything extra.

When we connect to the server with SQLConnect, the connection is opening without any problem.

Any help to solve this issue would be really appreciable.

Thanks, Murthy
Re: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Failure in DTC:not able to validate open [message #416232 is a reply to message #415999] Fri, 31 July 2009 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Raise SR to metalink
Re: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Failure in DTC:not able to validate open [message #576114 is a reply to message #415999] Thu, 31 January 2013 10:46 Go to previous message
vitalych
here is what worked for me. /forum/fa/10628/0/
  • Attachment: MSDTC.JPG
    (Size: 112.50KB, Downloaded 2259 times)
Previous Topic: ODAC problem
Next Topic: oracle installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:04:24 CDT 2024