Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition (BI publisher, Reports 6i and Windows xp)
Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition [message #414710] Thu, 23 July 2009 04:45 Go to next message
asmani
Hi there
Is it possible for me to create deferent templates (more then one) for one rdf and xml file?

/forum/fa/6577/0/

Sorry for a daft question as I am new to BI publisher Sad

Thanks for your help!
Usman
  • Attachment: temp.JPG
    (Size: 5.44KB, Downloaded 3514 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2009 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition [message #417109 is a reply to message #414710] Thu, 06 August 2009 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Usman,

Quote:
Is it possible for me to create deferent templates (more then one) for one rdf and xml file?

Yes.

There are two ways to do this
1.We can create only one Data Definition for your concurrent program but can create multiple templates for this data definition and attach your RTF to these templates.
While submitting request you select your templates based on your requirement.

2.You can create different layout within your single RTF templates and display them based on your conditions.

Cheers,
Suman

Re: Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition [message #417213 is a reply to message #417109] Thu, 06 August 2009 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmani
Hi Suman

Thank you very much for your reply, I tried the first method but XML Publisher doesn't allow me to create more then one templates for one "Language".

I tried associating one data definition with more then one templates but its only shows parent RTF even if you run child report Embarassed .

Thanks!
Usman

[Updated on: Thu, 06 August 2009 10:14]

Re: Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition [message #417295 is a reply to message #417213] Fri, 07 August 2009 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Usman,
Hi,

Quote:
I tried the first method but XML Publisher doesn't allow me to create more then one templates for one "Language".

I think you had tried to associate multiple .rtf with same languages in same template template.Can you attach your screenshots, how you have created your template.

Can you try with creating different templates with create template option and attach your RTF file and give the data definition same for all.

Can you tell whether you want one template at a time or all law, managament and nursing at a time. ??

If you want use one template at a time then can define three template for same data definition and attach RTF one one to each. select accordingly while submitting the request.

If you want all templates at a time then display the contents in different tables within same RTF.Create only one template and attch this RTF to your template.

Regards,
Suman

Re: Deferent templates for one RFD and XML file OR DEFRENET TEMPLATES FOR ONE Data Definition [message #417578 is a reply to message #414710] Mon, 10 August 2009 05:51 Go to previous message
asmani
Dear Suman
As website does not allows me to upload more then one screen shot so I am attaching a text file which is a MS-word file. Please download it and change it's extension to doc and we will see everything.

Please let me know if you have any issue with it.

If you email me your email address so I can send you directly to you.

Thanks!
Usman
  • Attachment: BIP.txt
    (Size: 386.00KB, Downloaded 3017 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 10 August 2009 06:00]

Previous Topic: Repeating frames on my RTF
Next Topic: Moving OBIEE reports from Development to Production side
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:05:13 CDT 2024