Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Getting error while receving item - Purchasing (11.5.10.2)
Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413713] Fri, 17 July 2009 04:59 Go to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

I have done:
1.created requisition.
2.Autocreated PO from this requisition.
3.Receiving item.

I am getting below error when receiving items through iProc.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Date - The Purchasing Accounting Period in which you are trying to create this receiving transaction is not open for the following item(s). Please contact your administrator.

Item Description Test Item 1, Supplier TEST_SUP, Expected Receipt Date 30-Jul-2009
Receipt Date - The General Ledger Accounting Period in which you are trying to create this receiving transaction is not open for the following item(s). Please contact your administrator.

Item Description Test Item 1, TEST_SUP, Expected Receipt Date 30-Jul-2009

--------------------------------------------------------
Please suggest something, what is the cause of the error or how to receive item successfully.

Many thanks,
Suman
Re: Getting error while receiving item - Purchasing [message #413728 is a reply to message #413713] Fri, 17 July 2009 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
The Purchasing Accounting Period in which you are trying to create this receiving transaction is not open for the following item(s).

The General Ledger Accounting Period in which you are trying to create this receiving transaction is not open for the following item(s).
Open the GL and Purchasing periods for July 2009 for the ledger/SOB.

By
Vamsi
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413742 is a reply to message #413713] Fri, 17 July 2009 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for the reply Sir.
but the GL, AP and Purchasing periods are already open for the July month.

Regards,
Suman
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413748 is a reply to message #413742] Fri, 17 July 2009 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Better cross check these two.
select application_id,ledger_id,period_name,start_date
      ,end_date,closing_status,adjustment_period_flag
from gl_period_statuses 
where application_id in (101,200,201) 
and ledger_id = &ledger_id
and period_name = '&Jul_period_name';

select  application_id,ledger_id,period_name,start_date
      ,end_date,closing_status,adjustment_period_flag
from gl_period_statuses 
where application_id in (101,200,201) 
and ledger_id = &ledger_id
and to_date('30-JUL-2009','DD-MON-YYYY') between start_date and end_date
By
Vamsi
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413769 is a reply to message #413713] Fri, 17 July 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Sir, I cross checked the queries you have provided in previous comment and they are giving same data with closed_status as 'N'.

This means 'Jul-09' is open. rite??

Is there any standard profile where we can change the default value of need-by-date to 1 at user level as it's giving error like 'Item Description Test Item 1, Supplier TEST_SUP, Expected Receipt Date 30-Jul-2009'.

While creating requisitions only i tried to change the need-by-date to sysdate+1 but i was taking the default only.

Regards,
Suman
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413775 is a reply to message #413713] Fri, 17 July 2009 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

Hi, this is the intended functionality of application.

open the Purchasing control periods in purchsaing and open the inventory periods for the receiving org as well.

Its like opening the journal books to enter/write the accounts.

also set the profile RCV: Processing mode = online

Thanks, Jay
jayaharan76@yahoo.com
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #413999 is a reply to message #413769] Mon, 20 July 2009 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
I cross checked the queries you have provided in previous comment and they are giving same data with closed_status as 'N'.

This means 'Jul-09' is open. rite??

No. It should be 'O'.

Please cross check them from the instance and open the corresponding periods.

By
Vamsi
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #414141 is a reply to message #413713] Mon, 20 July 2009 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

Yes Vamsi Sir, the periods were in 'Never opened' status.

Actually, earlier I have opened the AP,GL periods using some other forms but that didn't solve my problem.

I have opened the AP,Gl and PO periods in the correct form and have set the profile 'RCV: Processing mode = online' as suggested by Jay.
Now I am able to receive the items Smile

Earlier the profile value was 'Immediate'.
Can you please tell how this works with different profile values.

Thanks a lot Vamsi Sir and Jay Smile

Cheers,
Suman

Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #414148 is a reply to message #414141] Mon, 20 July 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
I don't think your error is related to the profile option.
Check this for the details on the profile.

By
Vamsi
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #414264 is a reply to message #413713] Tue, 21 July 2009 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Thanks Vamsi Sir..

While doing receiving item, receipts are getting generated automatically and I am not getting approval mail where we can select option like 'Fully Received'.
Is it related with setup or approval limit??
Please suggest something.

Many thanks,
suman
Re: Getting error while receving item - Purchasing [message #622702 is a reply to message #414141] Thu, 28 August 2014 10:57 Go to previous message
htaoufiq
Hi,

"I have opened the AP,Gl and PO periods in the correct form and have set the profile 'RCV: Processing mode = online' as suggested by Jay.
Now I am able to receive the items".

I'm facing the same issue and i was wondering if you remember what you did to fix the issue. You mentioned you were using a different forms to open PO, AP and GL, can you please explain.

Thank you!
Hind
Previous Topic: How to run a ready concurrent program from own form
Next Topic: Create Accounting error while payment issued
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:16:17 CDT 2024