Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Silent Installation continue even if failure (Oracle 10.2.0.1, Red Hat 5.3)
icon5.gif  Silent Installation continue even if failure [message #398400] Thu, 16 April 2009 02:50 Go to next message
linuxos
I try to install the Oracle Database 10.2.0.1 using response file in silent mode.
./runInstaller -silent -responseFile /home/oracle/response.rsp

Then I found the database cannot be executed. Therefore, I checked the log file (oraInstallYYYY-MM-DD_HH-MI-SSAM.out) and found some required library is not found and some OS memory setting is failed. But, the installation continues and displays "The installation of Oracle Database 10g was successful." at the end! Why "successful"? The software cannot be used at all !

Another log file (silentInstallYYYY-MM-DD_HH-MI-SSAM.log) also displays this message, but with many errors inside. Why will it continue the process even it contains errors?

Since there is no X Window for me to install or deinstall it, I simply removed whole oracle directories from the system and rerun. I found that Oracle setup is not user-friendly, unless you use GUI.
Re: Silent Installation continue even if failure [message #398608 is a reply to message #398400] Thu, 16 April 2009 22:23 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>I found that Oracle setup is not user-friendly, unless you use GUI.
We have found you do not read & follow Installation Guidelines
which enumerate the system prerequisites for a successful installation.

You would have gotten the same errors using the Oracle Universal Installer (GUI).

Previous Topic: German characters are coming
Next Topic: Linux installation queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:32:19 CDT 2024