Home » Server Options » Data Guard » dat guard
dat guard [message #393268] Sat, 21 March 2009 01:01 Go to next message
tnagarjun
hai every body
pl can i know the step by step procedure to implement physical standby in windows environment

we are using windows 2003 and oracle 10.2.0

thanks

t.nagarjun
apsrtc
hyderabad, india
Re: dat guard [message #393274 is a reply to message #393268] Sat, 21 March 2009 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It's all in the documentation: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.portal_db?selected=3#index-DAT
Do you want us to copy and paste it?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2009 01:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: dat guard [message #393404 is a reply to message #393268] Sun, 22 March 2009 10:30 Go to previous message
Sahba1969

Hello,
i had a real fight with Windows when setting up a test data guard. Normally i use Unix, and it works perfect. Oracle is princpelly not for Windows.

Basically, the Setup Guide in Oracle® Data Guard
Concepts and Administration 10g Release 2 (10.2) include all the necessary procedure.
BUT on Windows, you need to set up the following:

1. ORACLE Service:
oradim -new -sid ORCL -startmode manual -intpwd xxx

2. Create a password file if it doesn't exist.
$orapwd file=pwdPRIM.ora password=xxx force=y

Note: sys passwd on Primayr db MUST be the same as the sys passwd on Standby db, otherwise no Log Shipping is possible.

3. sometimes there might be problem with swapping, which lead to loging shipping problem (SGA_TARGET, and AGGREGATE_TARGET)

4. sometimes you need to use PC_NAME as Host_name in Listener.ora, instead of localhost or ip_addresse. i had to struggle with this

5. last but not least, sometimes you may have to switch OFF Windows Firewall to get Logshipping working.

hope these Notes will do you good.
regards
Sahba
Previous Topic: GET IP Address of client
Next Topic: Problem creating a logical standby DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:14:51 CDT 2024