Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » What does Reload do in Lsnrctl (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 Windows 2003 server)
What does Reload do in Lsnrctl [message #381110] Thu, 15 January 2009 05:32 Go to next message
srini_thiru

Hi Guys,

I have a doubt in listener control. When i type SERVICES in lsnrctl i got the below response from my test database.

Instance "test", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:1382 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
Service "test_XPT" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "test", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:1382 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
The command completed successfully
LSNRCTL>

When i give the RELOAD command in the listener control. I see that ESTABLISHED has been changed to 5 from 1382.

some one please tell what this reload command do. Why the established number has changed from 1382 to 5.

Does the RELOAD command has the same impact of restarting the listener in services.msc.

Please Suggest.

Thanks in Advance,
Seenu.
Re: What does Reload do in Lsnrctl [message #381117 is a reply to message #381110] Thu, 15 January 2009 05:49 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Maybe reading the documentation should help you.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14213/lsnrctl.htm#sthref43
Quote:
Use the RELOAD command to reread the listener.ora file. This command enables you to add or change statically configured services without actually stopping the listener.

In addition, the database services, instances, service handlers, and listening endpoints that were dynamically registered with the listener will be unregistered and subsequently registered again.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: newbie:trace file
Next Topic: Listener Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:31:49 CDT 2024