Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Cannot create Triggers on objects owned by SYS-Need help fast
Cannot create Triggers on objects owned by SYS-Need help fast [message #375106] Thu, 26 July 2001 13:38 Go to next message
Srikanth Tutukuri
I am a naive oracle developer and having problems creating triggers. I have created the database. Logged into the sql prompt as scott/tiger created table spaces and tables. Now I am trying to create a trigger on one of the tables. It gives me a message saying ORA-04089 cannot create triggers on objects owned by sys. I did run the dbmsstdx.sql script in the rdbms directory as internal and then tried to create a trigger by logging in both as internal as well as scott/tiger but I get the same message as above. Any kind of help is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
srikanth
Re: Cannot create Triggers on objects owned by SYS-Need help fast [message #375108 is a reply to message #375106] Thu, 26 July 2001 16:05 Go to previous message
srikanth
Well thanks for the help. In fact I guess the dbmsstdx.sql did not get executed properly. Running it once again solved the problem. I was expecting you to tell me the procedure you went thru in creating the tables and triggers. What user did you log in as and so on.
Previous Topic: full table scans
Next Topic: Re: Running a file from within another file??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 10:57:47 CDT 2024