Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » export and import all database
export and import all database [message #374399] Sun, 10 June 2001 11:12 Go to next message
Igal
hello
I want to export all the database including all users and grants.
and then i want to import all these information to different database.
but the problem is where i am doing import, some of the tables are not imported and i got a message "user does not exist" .
how can i import it all , that i have duplicate database
thanks
igal
Re: export and import all database [message #374407 is a reply to message #374399] Mon, 11 June 2001 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim
Remember when u are importing the entire Database the same No. of users with the same name have to be created in the New Database with the Same Tablespaces.

1)First Create all the Tablespaces in the new database.
2)Create all the users that were there in the Production database in the New Database with their associated tablespaces.

Then Import.

Also always Export using the System Account and Import too with the System account.

Try this it will work.

Jim
Re: export and import all database [message #374412 is a reply to message #374399] Mon, 11 June 2001 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igal
hi.
when I did export all database to a file , and then i import it to unix machine with oracle 8.1.7 , it didn't gave me the error messages, and all user were created as well. in unix (or maby in oracle 8.1.5) i didn't have to create all the users, tablespaces and grants. the import did it all.
when i did the same thing on NT with oracle 8.1.5, it gave me those error message. can i export all database , including users and tablespaces without create all these users one by one ?
Re: export and import all database [message #374413 is a reply to message #374399] Mon, 11 June 2001 02:59 Go to previous message
Igal
hi.
when I did export all database to a file , and then i import it to unix machine with oracle 8.1.7 , it didn't gave me the error messages, and all user were created as well. in unix (or maby in oracle 8.1.5) i didn't have to create all the users, tablespaces and grants. the import did it all.
when i did the same thing on NT with oracle 8.1.5, it gave me those error message. can i export all database , including users and tablespaces without create all these users one by one ?
Previous Topic: return a recordset from oracle function
Next Topic: queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 04:14:48 CDT 2024