Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » A query or procedure which can be timed or whatever.....
A query or procedure which can be timed or whatever..... [message #374223] Thu, 31 May 2001 02:16
Zakk
i am a small time programmer . my question is this:

i have a table of my employees. The three columns in this table are sysdate,ename and job.
all my employess have access to this table. when the database is started in the morning,
the three fields are loaded simultaneously without me having to do anything about it. suppose x has to check all emails everyday, y has to reply to them, z has to meet sales people a and b everyday.
so when these three users (x,y,z) connect to the database in the morning and query the table they see a listing like this
SYSDATE ENAME JOB
------- ------ -----
30-MAY-2001 X check mail
30-MAY-2001 Y reply to mails
30-MAY-2001 Z meet a & b
how do i go about this? maybe i have to write a stored procedure. Will someone please explain. and please be a little detailed. Dont worry that these jobs are repetetive and that they are going to see the same messages everyday. First i have to go about this and solve the question of repetitiveness later on
Previous Topic: A query or procedure which can be timed or whatever.....
Next Topic: SQL*PLUS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 04:21:33 CDT 2024