Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Cannot log in the DB through TOAD
Cannot log in the DB through TOAD [message #373766] Mon, 07 May 2001 12:05 Go to next message
Irena
I cannot log into the DB through TOAD,
every time I try to do it, I get the OCI.DLL message -
The specified module could not be found.
What should I do?

Thank you ever so much if you can help me.
Re: Cannot log in the DB through TOAD [message #373768 is a reply to message #373766] Mon, 07 May 2001 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miguel
You need to make sure your path has access to
the Orawin or Orawin/bin directory for your
version of Oracle.
check your path in dos.

hth
Re: Cannot log in the DB through TOAD [message #373785 is a reply to message #373766] Tue, 08 May 2001 10:27 Go to previous message
sverch
I guess you do not have an Oracle server on your machine, in this case
You can run TOAD from a network drive providing you also place an optional argument on the command line to provide a location for the User specific files written by TOAD. This is necessary to avoid users overwriting INI files, SQL files, etc.
For Win95 Short-Cuts, Right-Click on the Shortcut and select the Properties menu option; then select the Shortcut Tab. Following the the name of the TOAD executable, add the following:

PATH=C:\MYTOADPATH
where C:\MYTOADPATH refers to a path that contains all TOAD files except the executable and the Help file. This means that each user will also have a toaddir\TEMPS directory with the required files in place.
The TOAD Commercial installation script has the option to install full client, or the client and server pieces.

Quest Software
Previous Topic: Oracle express
Next Topic: Re: single quote
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 00:43:54 CDT 2024