Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » storing code file
storing code file [message #372729] Tue, 06 March 2001 08:11 Go to next message
balaelakay
hai,

I want to store a java code file in oracle database.
how can i do it. i want to store code in the true format and also to view that in the same format as in the code editor.

suggest me for java-front end and oracle-back end coding details.

cheers...

balaelakay
Re: storing code file [message #372731 is a reply to message #372729] Tue, 06 March 2001 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kavithask
Hi,

You can store the proper code in its actual format in a long column or use a BFILE and link the java code to the oracle column. But Long column would be simplest. It stores all enter marks and tab marks.

And, I dont understand your question about Java front end. If you explain a little more, then maybe I can help.

HTH
Kavitha
storing code file - to kavi [message #372752 is a reply to message #372731] Tue, 06 March 2001 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balaelakay
hai kavitha,

Thanks for ur reply.

i want to store in oracle the following code(just example) and also when required view them in a java gui or get them as a file for further alteration or anything else.

import java.applet.*;
import java.awt.*;
public class ReadFileApplet extends Applet {
TextArea text = new TextArea();
Button goButton = new Button("Read Local File");
Panel panel = new Panel();
String fileName = "";
public void init() {
fileName = getParameter("fileName");
setLayout(new BorderLayout());
goButton.addActionListener(new ButtonHandler());
panel.add(goButton);
add("North",panel);
add("Center",text);
}

cheers...

balaelakay
Re: storing code file - to kavi [message #372757 is a reply to message #372731] Wed, 07 March 2001 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kavithask
Hi,

The whole text specified above can be stored in a Long column. All you have to write is a small program, which queries the long column and fetches the content into a notepad/wordpad file. If you use VB / VC, then a RTF OCX can be used to view the contents of the Long column and you can use the methods of the OCX to save the contents on to a filesystem file.

HTH
Kavitha
Re: storing code file - to kavi [message #372760 is a reply to message #372757] Wed, 07 March 2001 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balaelakay
Thanks kavi,

i have to store code files of even 200 mb and more which willnot be possible in long. iam trying with blob or bfile.
we prefer java.

balaelekay-ymgsr
Re: storing code file - to kavi [message #372761 is a reply to message #372757] Wed, 07 March 2001 06:38 Go to previous message
balaelakay
Thanks kavi,

i have to store code files of even 200 mb and more which willnot be possible in long. iam trying with blob or bfile.
we prefer java.

balaelakay-ymgsr
Previous Topic: How can I select only month?
Next Topic: Problem with own type and procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 00:51:52 CDT 2024