Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN syntax in Oracle - Urgent!!!!
LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN syntax in Oracle - Urgent!!!! [message #370912] Mon, 06 March 2000 08:00 Go to next message
Vijay
Can I use this syntax for performing outer joins in ORACLE:

SELECT * from tblEmp LEFT JOIN tblDept ON
tblEmp.DeptId = tblDept.DeptId

instead of using

SELECT * from tblEmp, tblDept
WHERE tblEmp.DeptId = tblDept.DeptId +

We have used the LEFT JOIN syntax with SQL Server 7.0
and now we want to port our app to Oracle but using this syntax gives a syntax error in Oracle.

Can anyone tell me any modification of the LEFT JOIN syntax that will work with Oracle without having to
put the join condition in the WHERE clause.

thanks,
Vijay
Re: LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN syntax in Oracle - Urgent!!!! [message #370918 is a reply to message #370912] Tue, 07 March 2000 05:21 Go to previous message
Atavur Rahaman S.A
Hello,

Good Day!

I think this is the one that what you are looking for.....Sometimes it's difficult to get the answer without joining Master-Index Table and Driving Table. Pls. find the query enclosed and let me know whether it's working or not.......

SQL> SELECT e.Employee_Number,e.Employee_Name,e.Employee_Salary,e.Department_Number,e.Hiredate_of_Employee,d.Department_Number,d.Department_Name,d.Department_Location FROM Employee e,Department d WHERE d.Department_Number NOT IN(SELECT p.Department_Number FROM Department p WHERE p.Department_Number e.Department_Number)

Regards

Atavur Rahaman S.A
Previous Topic: Only want one of the records in a query.
Next Topic: NOT IN operator - very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:49:01 CDT 2024