Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » view problem
view problem [message #370709] Fri, 21 January 2000 10:53 Go to next message
Dave Macgugan
I am new to Oracle and have stumbled upon the following problem. I need to combine the functionality of a view with that of a stored procedure. I need something that will take input and give output. I want the output to be a table or cursor like the output of a view.
This is for a reporting project I am working on where I need to take a customer name as input and generate an itemized bill. So this object I am looking for must be able to return both static output such as address and billing info, as well as a table.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dave
Re: view problem [message #370713 is a reply to message #370709] Fri, 21 January 2000 15:27 Go to previous message
Mark E Kane
Dave,
I think you might be looking in the wrong direction. If what I understand is correct, you want nested repeating frames in a Report. The first repeating frame selects customer information from a header type table, and the second repeating frame selects order data from the appropriate table.

In your data model, create two queries as above ensuring you select any common columns that would create a unique link between the tables (ex. customer number). Then draw a link between the queries from one customer number column to the next.

In you layout, draw the repeating frames nested with not overlap.

I hope this is what you were looking for, Mark
Previous Topic: Performance with general selecetion statments
Next Topic: URGENT Syntax question. File output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:36:50 CDT 2024