Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Sending email from database through forms
Sending email from database through forms [message #369714] Thu, 24 August 2000 09:58
Marjolaine Ghaby
Please help me in this particular situation.
My requirement is to send email from Database through forms, using built-ins and PL\SQL Block. OS is windows NT version 4 service pack 5, and Oracle 8.1.5.

We have used the HOST built-in without any result. We've tried to approach it using the tcp_SMTP but we couldn't get it to work this way either. Any Suggestions?

Our Problem is the same as SIVA, who emailed you prior to us.
-------------
Her email included the following:

I am using utl_tcp package options to send the mail. Program is getting compiled. But when i try to execute the program, it is going to exception handling and when i display the error message it says "ORA 29540 class oracle/net/plsql/TCPconnection not available.
How will i add classes to already installed oracle?

We have a SMTP mail server. Is TCP utility function enough or should I use SMTP utilities. If so what should i do to execute the code. Already the TCP as well as SMTP pacakges are available in my database( I am able to view the packages and the functions inside).

If any one can help me to solve this problem, it will be great to me. My doubts are

Is TCP utility enough to send mail.
If so what should I do to overcome the ORA 29540 error ( Jave class not available error).
If not and if i have to use SMTP packages, can any one send me a piece of code ( which is already functioning).
------------
Please get back to us as early as possible as the requirement is urgent.

Thanks in Advance
Marjolaine
Previous Topic: Sending Email Database through PL/SQL
Next Topic: images out to the file system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:03:30 CDT 2024