Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Failure of Net8 Configuration Assistant in Oracle8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 for WinNT
Failure of Net8 Configuration Assistant in Oracle8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 for WinNT [message #367671] Wed, 15 September 1999 15:26 Go to next message
C. H. Chen
Hi!

During my installation of Oracle8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 in Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5), the Net8 Configuration Assistant did not successfully complete the Net8 configuration. However, I was able to finish
the rest of the Oracle8i installation with one database
created.

In post-installation, I again tried to use the Net8 Configuration Assistant to set up the Net8 listener. The Net8 Configuration Assistant basically froze after I finished entering the requested listener parameters.

Does anyon have experience or suggestions in regard to what I have encountered? I am guessing that the Net8 Configuration Assistant, being a Java application, has some bugs.

Thanks in advance,

C.H. Chen
ch_chen@usa.net
Re: Failure of Net8 Configuration Assistant in Oracle8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 for WinNT [message #367751 is a reply to message #367671] Tue, 29 February 2000 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajeeva
It opens another window asking for some more info, which is kind of hidden.

Also make sure to have the IP address and the Host Name in the windows/..../etc/hosts file even though you are on a DNS setup.

Good luck

PS. Even though it crashes by that time it has copied all the binaries. Therefore you can manually configure
Re: Failure of Net8 Configuration Assistant in Oracle8i Enterprise 8.1.5.0.0 for WinNT [message #367825 is a reply to message #367671] Mon, 18 September 2000 09:18 Go to previous message
Zafar H. Chowdhry
Yo ... Get exactly the same thing. I've tried to figure out why & suspect its because the listener
hasn't been started. However, to start the listener you have to execute
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp/start_peer -m
"m" is for the MASTER_PEER - this, up till now has crashed every time crashes? Appreciate if
you could get back if you get yours to work.

Cheers
Zafar
Previous Topic: developer/2000-odbc-database
Next Topic: SQL PlusPlus 2 Released- [freeware]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:37 CDT 2024