Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir
Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir [message #367664] Wed, 08 September 1999 08:15 Go to next message
Harald Haase
We have the same problem in our company.
Here my question:
How do I create the TNSNAV.ORA file

Thanks
Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir [message #367665 is a reply to message #367664] Wed, 08 September 1999 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
I used notepad to create our TNSNAV.ORA file.
This text editor does not add "hidden" or extra spaces in the file when you create it.

I have a working TNSNAV.ORA file if you want it.
Contact me directly.

We had problems with the sqlgw start-up script provided by Gauntlet. We had to manually start the script. If you have problems connecting, double check all your daemons have started.
SQL net configuring [message #367801 is a reply to message #367665] Fri, 18 August 2000 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter perera
We have got a TCP/IP ethernet network for LAN.
I configure one computer as the Server for personal oracle and the other for the client of that.When I try to connect to the Server the following message comes after the Database trying to get connected.
ORA-12545 :TNS:name lookup failure.

But I checked the TNSNAMES.ORA file in the directory \ORAWIN95\NETWORK\ADMIN and found that it contains the required information.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir [message #367888 is a reply to message #367665] Wed, 29 November 2000 21:33 Go to previous message
donggyo lee
I need tnsnav.ora file.
Previous Topic: Personal edition on single computer
Next Topic: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:27:52 CDT 2024