Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet firewal
SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet firewal [message #367591] Fri, 15 January 1999 10:53 Go to next message
Kien Sim
I try to configure Oracle client running SQL-net V2 in untrusted network to access oracle server in trusted network fail.

I setup listener in Oracle Server and loaded oracle client in Window 95 (in untrusted network)go through Gauntlet firewall. In Gauntlet firewall administration screen i did add in SQL-GW proxy with incoming port as 1521 and setup SID configuration (system identifier setup). From client it manage to connect to Gauntlet firewall port 1521 but firewall can't search for the Oracle server listener port.

Thank.
Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir [message #367781 is a reply to message #367591] Mon, 08 May 2000 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin
A bit late on this, but I saw the discussion and was wondering what exactly is the TNSNAV.ORA file and what does it do.

I'm trying to configure an Oracle client to pass through the firewall and hit the database on another machine in the trusted network. We tried setting a plug-gw for it but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can I get a copy of your working TNSNAV.ORA file?
Re: SQL-Net V2 in untrusted network connect to Oracle Server in trusted network through Gauntlet fir [message #367782 is a reply to message #367591] Mon, 08 May 2000 11:53 Go to previous message
Kevin
A bit late on this, but I saw the discussion and was wondering what exactly is the TNSNAV.ORA file and what does it do.

I'm trying to configure an Oracle client to pass through the firewall and hit the database on another machine in the trusted network. We tried setting a plug-gw for it but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can I get a copy of your working TNSNAV.ORA file?
Previous Topic: Oracle8 ODBC driver with Windows98 2nd Edition
Next Topic: Oracle 7.3 + Router Cisco : problem of conxion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:17:45 CDT 2024