Home » Other » Training & Certification » Design Oracle Database (Oracle 11g)
icon5.gif  Design Oracle Database [message #332791] Wed, 09 July 2008 13:39 Go to next message
greatashraf
HI There,

Could you all let me know ---
Do I need to install at workstation
1.Oracle Developer or Oracle Designer or both.
2. Do I have to install Oracle Client or Oracle Database Server at workstation or both?

3. Do I have to install Oracle Repositiory at Server or at Workstation.

Please let me know your advices.

Thanks
Ashraf
Email: greatashraf@yahoo.com
Re: Design Oracle Database [message #332801 is a reply to message #332791] Wed, 09 July 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Please let me know your advices.
Only use MS ACCESS which eliminates complexity.
Re: Design Oracle Database [message #332810 is a reply to message #332801] Wed, 09 July 2008 15:28 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Huh, there are different possibilities. It would be easier if you could tell us what you, actually, want to do. Besides, reading at least a little bit about products you have mentioned would be a good idea (because, I have a feeling that you don't know what each of them is/does).

One combination might be Oracle 10g Express Edition (this is the database) and Oracle Developer Suite 10g (this are Forms and Reports Builders, Designer (including its repository)). Both products can be installed on the same computer. Make sure it has enough RAM (>= 1 GB is a must, depending on operating system).

Optionally, you may install SQL Developer which will enable you to manipulate data using GUI. However, perhaps you'd rather stay on a "lower" level and use SQL*Plus.
Previous Topic: forms & reports interview questions..
Next Topic: Please Help-Need inputs from all of you
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:01:30 CDT 2024