Home » Other » Training & Certification » career advise to join oracle financial
career advise to join oracle financial [message #330695] Mon, 30 June 2008 19:06 Go to next message
sammy_ana
hi everyone,

new to this forum and new to this field. well, i am C.A from india. right now, doing CPA in Texas, USA.

I am getting job offers,where they ask for knowledge of Oracle financial - and i m like Embarassed - no idea.

so, now i decided to learn oracle financial.

please advise- where from to start. should i join some school / institute for training? or can i learn from self study course- books & CD. I have computer skills as end user. also, have some idea about developing softwares - i learnt "cobol" long back in india

if school/ institute - please suggest which one should be good in dallas fort worth, texas, usa. or if online - which one is good to learn online?

or otherwise - can i learn oracle financial from oracle books & cd - of my own. if yes, what r best books / CD available in market. i was doing net research and found some books of 'mcgraw osborne books & cd. so, please suggest - whether buying them and study at home should be good idea?? Razz
Re: career advise to join oracle financial [message #330696 is a reply to message #330695] Mon, 30 June 2008 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Oracle Education has some training.
http://education.oracle.com/web_prod-plq-dad/plsql/ou_usergroups.ou_oaug_home

Re: career advise to join oracle financial [message #330886 is a reply to message #330696] Tue, 01 July 2008 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammy_ana
Sad learning directly from oracle seems very expensive. i dont have job right now - just studying. so was loooking for some cheap options.
Re: career advise to join oracle financial [message #330887 is a reply to message #330886] Tue, 01 July 2008 11:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Documentation and XE are free.
You don't need more to learn.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: OCA certification materials
Next Topic: Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:06:34 CDT 2024