Home » Other » Training & Certification » Connecting SQL*Plus to VB6 and Access (SQL*Plus 8)
Connecting SQL*Plus to VB6 and Access [message #323230] Tue, 27 May 2008 18:23 Go to next message
sqlnoob
Hi

I'm doing an assignment and stuck on two of the tasks. I need to know how to connect a database created in SQL*Plus to a MS Access database. I also need to connect the same database to Visual Basic (v6).

I currently have a table in SQL*Plus with the following fields:
StudentID, CourseID, First_Name, Surname.

StudentID is a primary key and CourseID is a foreign key.

I've been looking through all my notes and doing a lot of research on the Internet on how to do these tasks but have not been successful. If someone can provide an example, that would be really useful.

Thank you.
Re: Connecting SQL*Plus to VB6 and Access [message #323234 is a reply to message #323230] Tue, 27 May 2008 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I suggest you contact the instructor or at least a classmate.

> I need to know how to connect a database created in SQL*Plus to a MS Access database.
1) One does not connect an Oracle database to anything.
2) at best, a piece of client s/w connects to Oracle database.
3) While Oracle can inter-operate with MS-Access, said interactions are typically initiated by having MS-ACCESS connect to Oracle.

> I also need to connect the same database to Visual Basic (v6).
the same database as opposed the other database?

Exactly how does one "connect" anything to a programming lanuage, like VB?

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & follow posting guidelines as stated in URL above

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connecting SQL*Plus to VB6 and Access [message #323248 is a reply to message #323230] Tue, 27 May 2008 22:42 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I think it is better to think you want to read/write an Oracle table from MS/Access and a VB6 program.
Both undertand ODBC.
Search for "Oracle VB (or VB6 or Visual Basic) ODBC" and you will find many solutions.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: certification
Next Topic: Regarding 007 Certification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:18:54 CDT 2024