Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » few questions .. Oracle BI, Oracle BI Application,Hyperion,Hyperion-Essbase
few questions .. Oracle BI, Oracle BI Application,Hyperion,Hyperion-Essbase [message #320279] Wed, 14 May 2008 08:58 Go to next message
immansoor2003
My company has installed the “Oracle Financial”, “Procure to Pay”, “Order to Cash” and “Human Resource”, now for executives he wants to choose products, so my task is to prepare a document to highlight the features versus cost, that which product may enhance our productivity, please note that “Dashboard capabilities like Oracle BI” is necessary part of this implementation.

You are requested that help me regarding this task and provide me the detailed answer for my questions, you help is highly appreciated

Thanks

Q1) what is the basic difference between
“Performance Management “software like “Hyperion System-9” and
“Business Intelligence” software like “Oracle BI Applications”

Q2) what is “Hyperion – Essbase”, is this a standalone product or it installed over “Hyperion System-9”

Q3) what is the difference between “Hyperion System-9” and “Hyperion Enterprize”

Q4) when I was reading the documentation of “oracle business intelligence application (installation and configuration guide)”, there is at page # 2-1

“Before you can install “Oracle Business Intelligence Application”, you must install an “Oracle Business Intelligence Infrastructure”.
What is meant by this, what is “Oracle BI Infrastructure”?
Does it mean that we have to install “Oracle Business Intelligence” product, before “Oracle BI Application”
If yes,
Which Version of BI we have to install
Oracle BI Enterprise Edition
Oracle BI Standard Edition One
Oracle BI Standard Edition
Or we are free to choose any of above three (3) products

Q5) Is “hyperion System-9” has itself a “Dashbaord” (like Oracle BI) capabilities or we have to install “Oracle BI” software for that purpose?

Q6) if we choose “Hyperion System-9” then what components of “Hyperion System-9” are helpful for us,
Our installed products are “Oracle Financial”, “Procure to Pay”, “Order to Cash” and “Human Resource”

Re: few questions .. Oracle BI, Oracle BI Application,Hyperion,Hyperion-Essbase [message #321181 is a reply to message #320279] Mon, 19 May 2008 06:20 Go to previous message
skooman
What did your Oracle rep say about these questions?
Previous Topic: Oracle answers pivot table grand total problem
Next Topic: How to do Drill Up Operation in OBIEE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:53 CDT 2024